Event Waste Reduction Quick Tips
Follow these basic guidelines to ensure a successful waste-free event:
- Choose reusable plates, utensils, cups and packaging whenever possible.
- If it is not possible to use reusable items, choose recyclable or compostable containers or minimally packaged goods instead.
- Always place well-labeled recycling, trash, and compostable containers side-by-side, so users can easily make the proper choice for disposal.
- Confirm what can and cannot be recycled or composted and communicate it with EVERYBODY, including event vendors and attendees.
- Make sure there is a recycling and (if using) composting container next to every trash container.
- Make sure the recycling and composting options are promoted and clearly marked during the event to encourage proper usage of all the containers
- Plan ahead and if needed contract for proper collection and disposal of all materials.