- Bury the animal on your property.
- Take the animal to a rendering company (only for large animals) or a veterinarian.
- Contact your local game warden (for road-killed animals).
- Double paper bag the animal and bring it to a Drop-Off Center (under 30 gallons accepted) or, if it is a large animal (over 30 gallons), to a privately operated transfer station.
- Chicken carcasses only: up to 6 birds may be brought to Green Mountain Compost for inclusion in our compost. We do not accept any other whole animals for composting at this time.
Disposal fees apply at CSWD Drop-Off Centers and at transfer stations.
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
Farmers needing to dispose of large quantities of dead animals should contact the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources at (802) 241-3465 for guidance.
For more information, see the State of Vermont Solid Waste Management Program.Tags: