It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
Tree limbs, brush, clean stumps, and pallets and dimensional lumber that has never been painted, glued, stained, or treated are accepted at:
- The McNeil Wood Depot (Burlington).
- Williston Drop-Off Center
- Essex Drop-Off Center – no trailers or dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility
- Milton Drop-Off Center – no dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility
- Richmond Drop-Off Center – no trailers or dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility
- At the McNeil Wood Depot (Burlington): No fee.
- At Williston Drop-Off Center (as of August 1, 2020)
- No limit per trip
- Up to 3 cubic yards: No fee
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 3 cubic yards
- Commercial loads: $50/ton
Commercial loads are only accepted Monday-Friday, when the scales are open (they are operated by a neighboring facility).
- At Essex , Milton and Richmond Drop-Off Centers: (as of August 1, 2020)
- Limit: 3 cubic yards per trip
- Up to 1 cubic yard: No fee
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 1 cubic yard
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
Wood Specifications at CSWD Drop-Off Centers:
- Maximum length: 8 ft
- No spikes, hinges, strap steel or metal appendages (nails and screws up to 1/4 inches in diameter OK)
- No pressure-treated wood or plywood
- Customers with loads larger than three cubic yards, or those with dumping mechanisms, must use the Williston Drop-Off Center, Myers Recycling Center, or the McNeil Wood & Yard Debris Depot