NEW FEES, LIMITS & DROP-OFF HOURS! CLICK HERE
Vermont Act 175 requires that drywall be diverted from the landfill in certain situations. Visit our Act 175 page for more information about this requirement.
Options for Reuse
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore 528 Essex Road, Williston (802-857-5296)
Clean, unpainted and reusable drywall only. Call first to verify requirements.
Options for Recycling
- CSWD Williston Drop-Off Center 1492 Redmond Rd, Williston, VT 05495
Clean, unpainted drywall scraps only. Note: Large loads are only accepted Monday-Friday, when the scales are open (they are operated by a neighboring facility).
- Myers Recycling Center 216 Red Can Dr, Colchester, VT 05446 (802-655-4312)
All drywall accepted.
Other disposal options (landfill):
- Accepted at CSWD Williston Drop-Off Center:
- $4.00 per full sheet (4’x8′)
- Small loads (up to 2 cubic yards.): $22.50 per cubic yard
- Large loads: $90 per ton
Large loads are only accepted Monday-Friday, when the scales are open (they are operated by a neighboring facility).
- Myers Recycling Center:
- check the Construction & Demolition section of our Large Loads page for locations and more information.
For landfill disposal
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- CSWD Drop-Off Center recycling specifications:
- Clean, new, gypsum drywall scrap only.
- NO drywall with paint or wallpaper
- NO cement or fiberglass board
- NO plaster or tape
- NO screws, nails, or corner bead
- Myers Recycling Center specifications: Call for info
- All Cycle Transfer Station specifications: Call for info
- Drywall is banned from landfill disposal in Chittenden County for certain generators. Visit the Construction & Demolition materials page to see if the ban applies to your project.
- Drywall accepted for recycling at CSWD is sent to a company that grinds it up for use as a soil amendment. The benefits of gypsum for the soil include:
- Improves water penetration and workability of an impermeable sodic (alkaline) soil
- Softens soil with a high clay content
- Helps neutralize soil acidity
- Adds plant nutrients calcium and sulfur