HomeA to Z ItemsHazardous MaterialsFireworks


It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.

Disposal options

Small fireworks can be taken to the CSWD Environmental Depot by appointment only or any Vermont State Police office for collection.

  • Casings or wrappers from exploded fireworks can be placed in trash to be landfilled.

Large or professional-grade fireworks are not accepted at CSWD facilities. Please contact the Vermont State Police for proper disposal at (802) 878-7111.



No fee at the Environmental Depot.