Gasoline is accepted only at:
- The CSWD Environmental Depot by appointment only.
- The Rover, CSWD’s household hazardous waste mobile collection vehicle
Customers with more than 25 gallons should visit the Environmental Depot page to make an appointment.
Gasoline is NOT accepted at CSWD Drop-Off Centers.
No fee for Chittenden County residents
Chittenden County businesses: fees apply (contact the Depot for current fees)
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
Please DO NOT MIX gasoline with any other liquid (i.e. water, antifreeze, used oil). Fuel mixes are dangerous and more expensive for us to handle. Please keep different fuels in separate containers.
Chittenden County Businesses that are Conditionally Exempt Generators (CEGS) may use the Depot for a fee. Appointments required; call 865-4663 to schedule.
Container Return Guidelines
If you want your container returned to you after it is emptied, please read the following guidelines. (If you don’t want to keep the container, we will take care of it for you.)
While You Wait
Your container can be emptied and returned while you wait, if it:
- is 5 gallons or less
- contains ONLY gasoline, OR
- contains ONLY two-stroke engine fuel mixture
Pick Up Later
You will need to leave your container with us for pickup at a later date (usually 1-2 business days) if ANY of the following apply:
- It is larger than 5 gallons, OR
- It contains gasoline mixed with any other liquid (except for two-stroke engine fuel), OR
- It is a boat tank (any size)