Bring this material to the Northwest Vermont Solid Waste Management District in Georgia, VT, where it will be baled and hauled away for recycling. NWSWMD accepts tubing year-round. Please call ahead to make arrangements. Contact Barry Domina at (802) 524-5986; email@example.com.
- Pickup truckload: $10
- Stake body truck: $30
- Grain or dump truck: $70
The cost to recycle is about half the rate to send it to the landfill.
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- Polyethylene (PE) tubing only. NO PVC tubing or Teflon-coated tubing.
To determine whether your tubing is made from PE or PVC: clip off a sample and put it in a bowl of water. PE floats; PVC sinks.
- Please remove as many tees/taps/fittings as possible.
- Material must be as clean as possible in order to make this recycling program successful; remove rocks, leaves, and/or dirt. Extremely dirty loads may be charged a wash fee.
- Cut tubing into 4-foot lengths or wrap in coils less than 4 feet in diameter.
- NO drainage, sewer, or water service lines.
- NO metal/strapping/tension wire.
- Loads contaminated with unacceptable materials may be rejected.