It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
- Mercury-containing items should NOT be discarded as trash. These items are accepted at the Williston Drop-Off Center, at the Rover (Chittenden County residents only), and the Environmental Depot by appointment only (Chittenden County residents and businesses only):
- Fluorescent & Other Mercury-Added Lamps
- Pressure and Other Mercury-Containing Gauges (barometers, hydrometers, hygrometers, vacuum gauges, etc.)
- Mercury-Added Switches (used in products such as appliances, vehicles, sump and bilge pumps)
- Mercury Flame Sensors or Temperature Probes (used in products such as gas appliances and ovens)
- Businesses with other mercury-containing devices should call the Environmental Depot at 802-865-4663 to schedule an appointment. Some fees may apply for certain items.
- No fee for Chittenden County residents.
- Please see the Environmental Depot Price List for disposal fees for qualifying businesses.