HomeA to Z ItemsItems Banned from LandfillsPerfume


It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.

Disposal options

Perfumes and colognes are accepted at the CSWD Environmental Depot by appointment only or the Rover.


  • There is no fee for Chittenden County residents to use the Environmental Depot or the Rover.
  • Fees may apply to businesses and out-of-district residents at the Environmental Depot.

Limitations, regulations and other specifications

Most perfumes and colognes contain alcohol, so they are considered household hazardous waste.

The Rover is available to Chittenden County residents only; no businesses or out-of-district residents.