It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
- Single-use rigid plastic containers and packaging should go in your recycling bin and must not be disposed in the trash. This includes most containers and packaging such as bottles, jugs, yogurt containers, dairy tubs, and clear plastic hinged takeout containers. Large lids (like those on yogurt and margarine tubs) are also OK to put in the blue bin.
- Accepted at all CSWD Drop-Off Centers except Burlington and by all haulers offering curbside recycling in Chittenden County.
- The State of Vermont bans all #1 and #2 plastic containers and packaging from the trash.
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- Minimum size: 2” on any 2 dimensions (i.e. 2″ tall AND 2″ wide)
- Maximum size: 24″ (2 feet) in any dimension
- Plastic motor oil and transmission fluid bottles are NOT accepted for recycling; place in regular trash
- Styrofoam, plastic toys, and plastic bags are NOT accepted
- Black plastic is not accepted