Tree limbs, brush, clean stumps, and pallets and dimensional lumber that has never been painted, glued, stained, or treated are accepted at:
- At the McNeil Wood Depot (Burlington): No charge.
- At Williston Drop-Off Center
- No limit per trip
- Up to 3 cubic yards: No charge
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 3 cubic yards
- Commercial loads: $50/ton
Commercial loads are only accepted Monday-Friday, when the scales are open (they are operated by a neighboring facility).
- At Essex and Milton Drop-Off Centers:
- Limit: 3 cubic yards per trip
- Up to 1 cubic yard: No charge
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 1 cubic yard
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
Note about wood from Ash tree species: The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB), an invasive insect from Asia that kills any tree it infests, has been found in Ash trees in Vermont. For more information on how to identify Ash trees and EAB, and how to slow the insect’s spread, visit VTinvasives.org.
- Stumps and wood chips must be free of dirt and stones
- Nails and screws up to 1/4 inches in diameter: OK
- No spikes, hinges, strap steel
- maximum length: 6 ft
- maximum diameter: 24 inches
- Customers with dumping mechanisms must use the Williston Drop-Off Center or the McNeil Wood & Yard Debris Depot