Hinesburg Drop-Off Center Updates
In order to give the Town of Hinesburg space to build their new Town Garage, CSWD has closed the Hinesburg Drop-Off Center at 907 Beecher Hill Rd. during construction.
What should I do instead?
- It is open 6 days per week (Monday – Saturday from 8am – 3:30pm).
- It is larger, designed to accommodate more people, and accepts a much greater variety of items, including furniture, wood, drywall, and more.
- We have made recent improvements to the site, including a more efficient traffic pattern to reduce congestion during high-traffic hours, and compactors for trash and recycling that will make the facilities easier to use.
- It has the lowest traffic of all of our Drop-Off Centers.
Other Drop-Off Centers
Aside from Hinesburg, we operate 6 Drop-Off Centers around Chittenden County. Please note in the list below, some drop-off centers are busier than others. The best way to improve your experience at any of our facilities? Visit our Williston location, or plan your visit during a weekday.
Mon – Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 150-300
Tues 8am – 3:30pm, Thu 9:30am – 5pm, Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 330-500
- South Burlington
Mon, Tue, Thu 8am – 3:30pm, Fri 9:30am – 5pm, Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 460-575
Wed 9:30am – 5pm, Thu 8am – 3:30pm, Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 315-415
Tue 9:30am – 5pm, Wed – Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 550-625
Mon 9:30am – 5pm, Fri – Sat 8am – 3:30pm
Saturday visitors: 350-530
All of our Drop-Off Centers are open to the public. Learn more on our main Drop-Off Centers page.
For those of you who wish to hire a licensed hauler for trash, recycling, and/or food scrap pickup, visit our page on Pickup Services for more information.
When will you reopen?
The next steps for the Drop-Off Center depend on the construction schedule of the Highway Garage. The Town of Hinesburg has indicated that they expect to finish construction by summer 2018. The decision to reopen the Hinesburg Drop-Off Center requires a vote from our Board of Commissioners. The Board is made up of representatives for each of our member towns, including Hinesburg.
We will update this page with more information when we know more.
How can I get more information?
To stay updated on the process and next steps, we recommend that you:
- Subscribe to the CSWD NewsFlash, our monthly email newsletter
- Follow the CSWD Facebook page
- Bookmark and/or visit this page for updates
- Check your local newspaper for notices from CSWD
In addition, we will send a mailer out to all Hinesburg residents with updates as the town’s construction project nears completion.