CSWD Ordinance Amendments
From time to time, CSWD considers amendments to its Solid Waste Management Ordinance.
Here are the steps followed to amend the Ordinance:
- The CSWD Board of Commissioners approves the draft amendment(s) to be distributed for public comment.
- CSWD staff schedules a public meeting to solicit comments on the proposed amendment(s).
- CSWD issues a press release and posts a link to the draft on this page. The draft will be available at CSWD’s Administrative Office and we will also mail a copy to the governing Board of each member municipality and other stakeholders.
- CSWD holds a public meeting.
- The CSWD Board considers public comments and determines whether to adopt the proposed amendment(s).
- CSWD posts the Ordinance in at least five conspicuous places within the District (Chittenden County).
- CSWD submits a summary of the Ordinance to be published in a newspaper circulating in Chittenden County within 14 days of adoption.
- Per 24 V.S.A. § 1973, if 5% or more of voters do not petition for a vote on the Ordinance within 44 days of adoption, the Ordinance goes into effect 60 days after adoption (or later if so specified).