CSWD Environmental Depot
Location: 1011 Airport Parkway, South Burlington, VT 05403
- For residents: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
- For businesses: By appointment only.
- Closed on certain holidays
- For residents: (802) 863-0480
- For businesses: (802) 865-4663 (appointments or information)
What We Accept
The Environmental Depot accepts a wide variety of household hazardous waste as well as electronics (computers, TVs, etc.). Not all electronic items are free for recycling at the Environmental Depot. Please refer to our electronics page for information about Vermont’s e-waste disposal law and for fees and free electronics disposal options.
Hardened hazardous waste is still considered dangerous and should not be discarded as regular household or business trash. Consult our A – Z list for information on specific items that must be managed as hazardous waste.
What We Do Not Accept
For Chittenden County:
- Residents: No charge for accepted household hazardous waste items.
- Businesses: Fees may apply, depending on the type of material. View Price List here.
NOTE: Businesses must qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Generator (CEG) to use the Depot. Please call our business line to make an appointment.
- Residents: The Depot accepts household hazardous waste from households outside of CSWD member towns for a fee. The fee depends entirely on what the household has and cannot be estimated over the phone. Out-of-District participants may drop off material during normal hours for households, unless they have a large quantity of waste to drop off (more than 50 containers or 55 gallons). Then please call us on the business line at 802-865-4663.
- Businesses: CSWD does not accept business waste from outside the district, except for architectural paint, electronics covered in the E-cycles program, or mercury-containing bulbs. Please call before visiting to confirm volume limits. To prevent congestion and unnecessary trips, it is preferable for Out-of-District businesses to find a drop-off location locally for these items:
- Paint: Click here to find a PaintCare drop-off location.
- Electronic waste: Click here for a list of Vermont E-Cycles drop-off locations.
- Mercury-containing bulbs: Contact your local Solid Waste Management Entity, or consult this list (PDF) for participating retailers throughout Vermont.
Payment forms accepted
We accept cash or checks only. Checks must contain a current name, address, and phone number.
The Rover mobile unit
The Depot’s mobile hazardous waste collection unit is called The Rover. It visits each town once a year between July and October. It collects materials from Chittenden County households only.
Local Color Paint
At the Depot, we also reblend high quality, leftover latex paint into Local Color, a premium-quality paint that meets Green Seal standards for environmental quality. You can take home 2 gallons for less than $20! Local Color comes in a variety of shades to choose from. Local Color is available for purchase at the Environmental Depot as well as at other retail locations.