You must make an appointment at least 24 hours ahead of your visit to use this facility.
This new system will ensure our staff can maintain a safe work environment and provide adequate physical distancing for our customers and staff.
Appointment Times Available
Businesses: Tuesday through Friday 8:00 to 2:00. Businesses and institutions should call 802-865-4663 instead of using the online form.
Residents: Wednesday through Friday 10:00-2:00. Saturday 10:00-3:30.
You’ll need to make your appointment at least 24 hours ahead of the time you want to visit. Time slots less than 24 hours away and those already taken will not appear as options. Appointments may be scheduled as far in advance as desired.
After You Book an Appointment
You will receive a confirmation email that includes important safety guidelines and other details. If you did not receive a confirmation email (please check your spam folder), you did not successfully book an appointment. Please try again or call for assistance.
Location: 1011 Airport Parkway, South Burlington, VT 05403
What We Accept
The Environmental Depot accepts a wide variety of household hazardous waste as well as electronics (computers, TVs, etc.). Search our A – Z list for information on specific items not listed on that page. Please see our electronics page for fees and free electronics recycling options.
Hardened hazardous waste is still considered dangerous–bring it to the Depot, don’t put it in the trash.
What We Do Not Accept
For Chittenden County:
- Residents: No charge for household quantities of accepted common hazardous waste items. Fees may apply to specialty items and large quantities.
- Businesses: Fees may apply, depending on the type of material. View Business Price List here.
NOTE: Businesses must qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Generator (CEG) to use the Depot. Please call our business line to make an appointment.
- Residents: May be charged a fee; must make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance of the time you want to visit.
- Businesses: Businesses from outside Chittenden County may not use the Environmental Depot, except for architectural paint, electronics covered in the E-cycles program, or mercury-containing bulbs. Call 802-865-4663 for an appointment.
We prefer Out-of-District businesses find a drop-off location locally for these items:
- Electronic waste: Click here for a list of Vermont E-Cycles drop-off locations.
- Mercury-containing bulbs: Contact your local Solid Waste Management Entity, or consult this list (PDF) for participating retailers throughout Vermont.
Payment forms accepted
We accept cash or checks only. Checks must contain a current name, address, and phone number.
Local Color Paint
At the Depot, we also reblend high quality, leftover latex paint into Local Color, a premium-quality paint that meets Green Seal standards for environmental quality. Local Color comes in a variety of shades to choose from. Local Color is available for purchase at the Environmental Depot as well as at other retail locations.