The Environmental Depot accepts residential (household) and business hazardous waste for Chittenden County.
1011 Airport Parkway, South Burlington, VT 05403
Residential Drop-Off (20 gallons per appointment limit)Schedule Appointment
By appointment only. This appointment system will ensure our staff can maintain a safe work environment and helps manage traffic flow at the Depot.
Businesses and institutions should call 802-865-4663 and leave a message. Please do not use the online appointment system.
What We Accept
The Environmental Depot accepts a wide variety of household hazardous waste as well as electronics (computers, TVs, etc.). Search our A – Z list for information on specific items not listed on that page. Please see our electronics page for fees and free electronics recycling options.
Hardened hazardous waste is still considered dangerous–bring it to the Depot. Don’t put it in the trash.
What We Do Not Accept
For Chittenden County:
- Residents: No charge for household quantities of accepted common hazardous waste items. Fees may apply to specialty items and large quantities.
- Businesses: Fees may apply, depending on the type of material. View Business Price List here.
NOTE: Businesses must qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Generator (CEG) to use the Depot. Please call us to make an appointment.
- Payment: Credit cards, Cash or checks only.
- Checks must have a current name, address and phone number.
- Credit/Debit Cards Accepted – American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa
- 3% convenience fee for all credit card transactions to cover our costs.
- Non-District Residents: May be charged a fee.
- Non-District Businesses may not use the Environmental Depot, except for architectural paint, electronics covered in the E-cycles program, or mercury-containing bulbs. Call 802-865-4663 for an appointment.
We prefer Out-of-District businesses find a drop-off location locally for these items:
- Electronic waste: Click here for a list of Vermont E-Cycles drop-off locations.
- Mercury-containing bulbs: Contact your local Solid Waste Management Entity, or consult this list (PDF) for participating retailers throughout Vermont.
Local Color Paint
At the Depot, we also reblend high quality, leftover latex paint into Local Color, a premium-quality paint that meets Green Seal standards for environmental quality. Local Color comes in a variety of shades to choose from. Local Color is available for purchase at the Environmental Depot as well as at other retail locations.