HomeChittenden County Solid Waste FacilitiesCSWD Environmental Depot

Effective immediately, you must make an appointment at least 24 hours ahead of your visit to use this facility.

This new system will ensure our staff can maintain a safe work environment and provide adequate physical distancing for our customers and staff. 

Appointment Times Available

Businesses: Tuesday through Friday 8:00 to 2:00. Businesses and institutions should call 802-865-4663 instead of using the online form.

Residents: Wednesday through Friday 8:00-2:00. Saturday 8:00-3:30.

Click Here to Make An Appointment

Appointment Guidelines

You’ll need to make your appointment at least 24 hours ahead of the time you want to visit. Time slots less than 24 hours away and those already taken will not appear as options. Appointments may be scheduled as far in advance as desired.

After You Book an Appointment

You will receive a confirmation email that includes important safety guidelines and other details. If you did not receive a confirmation email (please check your spam folder), you did not successfully book an appointment. Please try again or call for assistance.

Location: 1011 Airport Parkway, South Burlington, VT 05403

Center map

What We Accept

The Environmental Depot accepts a wide variety of household hazardous waste as well as electronics (computers, TVs, etc.). Search our A – Z list for information on specific items not listed on that page. Please see our electronics page for fees and free electronics recycling options.

Hardened hazardous waste is still considered dangerous–bring it to the Depot, don’t put it in the trash. 

We Do Not Accept

The Depot does not accept mandatory recyclables, trash, and some other hazardous materials. Please consult the A – Z list for proper disposal of:


For Chittenden County:

  • Residents: No charge for household quantities.  Fees may apply to specialty items and large quantities.
  • Businesses: Fees may apply, depending on the type of material. View Price List here.
    NOTE: Businesses must qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Generator (CEG) to use the Depot.


Click Here to Make An Appointment

  • Residents: May be charged a fee; must make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance of the time you want to visit.
  • Businesses: Businesses from outside Chittenden County may not use the Environmental Depot, except for architectural paint, electronics covered in the E-cycles program, or mercury-containing bulbs. Call 802-865-4663 for an appointment.
  • We prefer Out-of-District businesses find a drop-off location locally for these items: