|The Rover, CSWD’s mobile household hazardous waste collection unit, accepts a wide variety of household hazardous waste at no charge from Chittenden County residents – BUSINESS WASTE IS NOT ACCEPTED. CSWD provides the Rover as a service to residents who cannot make the trip to the Environmental Depot, our permanent hazardous waste collection facility located in South Burlington.|
|Avoid the lines and schedule an appointment year ‘round at the Environmental Depot!|
|The Environmental Depot accepts more materials than the Rover, and is always the best place to take your hazardous waste. Making an appointment is easy – just visit our Depot page and make an online appointment.|
The Rover Schedule
The Rover – What you need to know!
- The Rover is for Chittenden County Residents only.
- Drop-off limit of 20 gallons of materials per resident. Drop-offs with over 20 gals. will need to make an appointment to be brought to the Environmental Depot.
- Please label your items if they are not in their original packaging.
- Stay in line – this is for your safety and the safety of CSWD staff.
- Please stay off your cell phone – our events get very busy. We need your full attention to keep the line moving and to be able to handle your materials safely.
The Rover will NOT accept:
- Lab grade chemicals – Environmental Depot by appointment only
- Small fireworks - Environmental Depot by appointment only. Large or professional grade fireworks are not accepted at any CSWD facility.
- Ammunition of any kind
- No electronics are accepted at our Burlington location. All other Drop-Off Centers will take electronics.
The Environmental Depot, CSWD’s permanent hazardous waste facility, is open year-round in South Burlington. The Environmental Depot accepts the same materials (and more) as the Rover at no charge from Chittenden County residents and from CSWD businesses that qualify as Conditionally Exempt Generators (CEG’s).