Essex Drop-Off Center
No trailers or dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility.
- Address: 218 Colchester Rd. Essex, VT 05452
Materials Accepted, Limits, & Temporary Fees:We are not accepting large bulky items such as mattresses, furniture, or construction material at this time. Contact Myers Recycling Center, or the All Cycle Transfer Station for disposal of those items. No trailers or dumping mechanisms allowed at this location.
- -Household trash up to 8 (45-gallon) barrels or bags; $5 (1-2), $10 (3-4), $20 (5-8)
- -Blue-bin recycling (brought in any container) included in trash fee; $2 without trash
- -Food scraps (30 gallons max); included in trash fee, $1 per bucket (up to 5 gallons) without trash.
- -Leaf and yard trimmings (one pickup load per day); no fee
- -Scrap metal No large appliances (stoves, washing machines, dryers etc.); No refrigerant-containing appliances (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers etc.). Customers must be able to lift items over a 42” railing into the scrap metal box. Staff cannot assist due to COVID-19 precautions.
- -E-waste/Electronics up to 7 items per day; no fee
- -Used engine oil – 15 gallons per day in containers of 2 gallons or less; no fee
- -Oil filters – 5 per day (from residents only; businesses must use the Environmental Depot); no fee
- -Household batteries – one gallon per day; no fee
- -Lead acid batteries – 5 per day; no fee
- -Fluorescent bulbs – straight, circlular, U-shaped: limit 10 per day; compact fluorescent (spiral) bulbs: no limit; no fee
- -Mercury-containing thermometers and thermostats – 5 per day; no fee
- -Propane tanks – 20-pound tanks or smaller – 5 per day; tanks larger than 20 pounds accepted at Williston only; no fee
- -Natural and untreated wood (Equal to 4, 30-gal barrels/bags per day--NOT in bags); No fee
- -CASH OR CHECK ONLY. Exact change is appreciated.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: CLOSED
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
- - We request that all customers wear masks and stay six feet apart.
- - Vehicles will be metered into the facility.
Materials AcceptedLimits & fees may apply. Search the A-Z List for options for specific items.
- rigid plastic containers
- rigid plastic packaging
- glass jars & bottles
- aluminum cans & foil
- cell phones
- clean wood
- fluorescent bulbs
- food scraps
- Mercury-containing items
- Motor oil and filters
- propane tanks(20 lb and smaller)
- scrap metal
- yard trimmings