Community Clean Up Fund
CSWD Community Outreach Coordinator
Send an email
Community Clean Up Fund grants may be used to pay for activities directly related to the clean up of solid waste such as disposal fees, container rental, transportation, and labor. Funds may also be used for the prevention of future disposal at the site through proper placement of signage and containers. The project must be deemed beneficial to the community at large. The municipality may choose to clean up sites located on either private or public property.
To request funding for a project:
- Submit the request form online for approval.
- Print and complete the Community Clean Up Fund project request form. Submit by fax or mail. Contact information is on the form.
If you have a project that you think is eligible for this fund, contact your local Clean Up Fund representative, listed below by town.
Funds may be used for projects that:
- Are located on private and/or public property,
- Clean up solid waste and are deemed beneficial to the community at large, and
- Incur disposal, labor, container rental, and/or transportation costs associated with solid waste removal and/or signage and container costs associated with the prevention of future illegal disposal at a site.
Details of the complete process and project qualifications are outlined in this document:
Community Clean Up Fund contacts
|Member town||Representative||Representative's phone||Alternate|
|Charlotte||Abby Foulk||802-425-3078||Rachel Stein|
|Colchester||Timothy Moran||802-448-3219||Jeff Bartley|
|Essex||Alan Nye*||802-879-7442||Max Levy|
|Essex Junction||Alan Nye*||802-879-7442||George Tyler|
|Hinesburg||Lynn Gardner||802-482-2579||Doug Taff|
|Huntington||Roman Livak||802-434-2663||Landel Cochran|
|Jericho||Leslie Nulty||802-899-4582||Albert Lindholm|
|Shelburne||Timothy Loucks||802-825-8872||Lee Krohn|
|South Burlington||Paul Stabler*||802-862-9283||Vacant|
|St. George||Vacant||802-482-7290||Maggie Kerrin|
|Underhill||Paul Ruess||802-899-3525||Dan Steinbauer|
|Williston||Jeremy Hulsey||802-578-3677||Caylin McCamp|
|Winooski||Bryn Oakleaf||802-490-8013||Candice Holbrook|