Burlington Drop-Off Center
Accepting food scraps ONLY
Address & Driving directions:
- Address: 339 Pine St. Burlington, VT 05401
Hours of Operation:
Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- $1 per 5 gallons with a limit of 30 gallons per day. Example: 30 gallons of food scraps will cost $6.
- This location is not accepting other materials at this time. Please visit our Drop-Off Center page to locate another facility. www.cswd.net/doc
- CASH OR CHECK ONLY. Exact change is appreciated.
Why Food Scraps?
- We are prioritizing food scraps because of the July 1, 2020 mandate for all Vermonters to manage food scraps separately from trash.
- This drop-off location provides a convenient and economical option for Burlington residents and businesses who generate small amounts of food scraps.
- In addition to hauler pick-up and backyard composting, the drop-off site adds another food scrap management option for the community.
- Food scraps must be managed frequently compared to other materials.
Why is CSWD limiting materials at this site?
The site’s size limitations and the safety concerns to our staff and our customers were the main reasons for this change. Safety concerns were present before the COVID-19 pandemic but have become more acute with new physical distancing and safety protocols.
Is this change permanent?
Though CSWD will be continually evaluating site operations, this change will be in place for the foreseeable future. The CSWD Drop-Off Center located at 87 Landfill Rd. in South Burlington is open to the public and accepts trash and recycling and other materials.
New Site Layout
The reorganized Pine Street site has five lanes of food scrap containers, allowing customers to pull into the site safely, easily, and efficiently. A separate area is designated for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Materials Accepted:Limits & fees may apply. Search the A-Z List for options for specific items.
- food scraps