CSWD Drop-Off Centers
Due to COVID-19 precautions, CSWD has made the following changes to our drop-off centers.
On Thursday, March 26, 2020, the Chittenden Solid Waste District (CSWD) will reopen the Williston Drop-Off Center at 1492 Redmond Road. All other Drop-Off Centers and the Environmental Depot (hazardous waste facility) will remain closed until further notice.
Payment & Fees
Fee beginning Saturday, March 28:
- There will be a flat $10 fee per visit.
- We will accept checks or cash. Checks must include the signer’s name, current address and phone number.
- Exact cash appreciated.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we have limited the materials we are now accepting.
The Williston Drop-Off Center will accept these materials only :
- Household trash. Limit: 4 bags or barrels of any size.
- Blue-bin recycling.
- Food scraps.
- Twigs and tree branches.
- Wood that has never been painted, stained or treated.
- Leaves and garden trimmings must go to Green Mountain Compost (GMC) at 1042 Redmond Rd. in Williston. Loose or in paper yard and garden bags only. No charge, no limits on volume. Hours: Monday through Saturday, 8:00 to 4:00.
- Customers who have only food scraps should take them to Green Mountain Compost. No charge.
DOCs are DIY
CSWD Drop-Off Centers are do-it-yourself (DIY) facilities. Please come prepared to unload and place your materials into the appropriate collection container yourself or bring along the extra muscle power you need.