McNeil Wood & Yard Waste Depot
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Twigs and tree branches are accepted at the Williston Drop-Off Center.
- Leaves and yard waste is accepted at Green Mountain Compost in Williston.
Owned and operated by Burlington Electric
Location: 111 Intervale Road, Burlington
Phone: (802) 864-7446
Please call McNeil directly at (802) 864-7446 or visit their website to confirm the hours they are currently operating.
- There is a limit of 6 cubic yards of leaf and non-woody yard debris per trip.
- Dumping mechanisms are allowed.
- No commercial landscaper loads of leaf and non-woody yard debris are accepted. All landscapers must deliver these debris directly to Green Mountain Compost. (Wood debris from commercial landscapers still accepted.)
The McNeil Generating Station accepts clean wood and yard debris at no charge at their Wood & Yard Waste Depot. For more information, visit the McNeil Wood & Yard Waste website.
Clean wood is mulched or burned as fuel next door at the McNeil Generating Plant.
- Lumber and pallets that have never been painted, stained, treated, or glued, maximum 8 feet in length
- Tree limbs, trunks, clean stumps, and brush; 1/4 inch to 2 feet in diameter, max 6 feet in length; free of dirt and stones
YARD DEBRIS must be divided into two categories and disposed of in the proper bunker:
The LEAF bunker:
Small twigs and yard and garden debris such as leaves, garden plants, sawdust, clean and undyed mulch, etc. Woody twigs up to 1/4 inch in diameter are also allowed. Larger wood should be deposited in the “clean wood” area.
The GRASS bunker:
Grass clippings, hay, straw, dirty undyed mulch, and sod.