McNeil Wood & Yard Waste Depot
Owned and operated by Burlington Electric
Location: 111 Intervale Road, Burlington
Phone: (802) 864-7446
Hours: Currently on Summer Hours
- Summer Hours (Mid-April through mid-November)
Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 8-4 ; Closed Sun, Mon, and Wed.
- Winter Hours (Mid-November through mid-April)
Tues – Fri 8-12; Sat 8-4
- There is a limit of 6 cubic yards of leaf and non-woody yard debris per trip.
- Dumping mechanisms are allowed.
- No commercial landscaper loads are accepted. All landscapers must deliver directly to Green Mountain Compost.
The McNeil Generating Station accepts clean wood and yard debris at no charge at their Wood & Yard Waste Depot.
For more information, visit the McNeil Wood & Yard Waste website.
Clean wood is mulched or burned as fuel next door at the McNeil Generating Plant.
- Lumber and pallets that have never been painted, stained, treated, or glued, maximum 8 feet in length
- Tree limbs, trunks, clean stumps, and brush; 1/4 inch to 2 feet in diameter, max 6 feet in length; free of dirt and stones
YARD DEBRIS must be divided into two categories and disposed of in the proper bunker:
The LEAF bunker:
Small twigs and yard and garden debris such as leaves, garden plants, sawdust, clean and undyed mulch, etc. Woody twigs up to 1/4 inch in diameter are also allowed. Larger wood should be deposited in the “clean wood” area.
The GRASS bunker:
Grass clippings, hay, straw, dirty undyed mulch, and sod.