Recycling Market Development Grants 2018-19
Application deadline: 2pm on July 18, 2018
The CSWD Recycling Market Development Grant Program is intended to help create or improve markets for hard-to-recycle products and packaging from Chittenden County. $40,000 is available to be awarded. One or more awards may be made. Applicants must commit a minimum financial or in-kind match of at least 25% of the total project cost.
- Be an individual, organization, or a company or corporation (for-profit or non-profit).
- Have a location in Vermont where the proposed recycling or recycling-related activity (e.g. aggregation, processing, reclaiming, manufacturing, or reuse) would occur.
- Plan to conduct research regarding development of a recycling or recycling-related activity in Vermont.
- Plan to source a significant amount of the materials to be recycled from Chittenden County.
- Be in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
The materials targeted for 2018-19 are:
- Mattresses and box springs
- Glass aggregate (crushed glass) from CSWD’s Materials Recovery Facility
Proposals must focus on one or more of these materials.
GRANT EXPENSES & PAYMENTS
Eligible expenses must be incurred within the grant agreement term (up to 12 months). The expenses must be project-related and documented.
- Engineering services
- Staff time devoted to project
- Feasibility studies
- Permit fees associated with project
- Related business development costs
- Cost of preparing the grant application
- Costs incurred prior to execution of a grant agreement
- General operating support such as routine overhead expenses not related to the proposed project
- Fundraising lobbying, lobbyists, political contributions, entertainment, gifts, bad debt, late payment fees, and finance charges
Funds are distributed on a reimbursement basis. Requests for reimbursement must include proof that funds were spent for the budgeted items and include a copy of the paid receipt for the purchased equipment or work completed under the grant project. Purchases made before a grant contract is signed by CSWD will not be reimbursed.
The grant reimbursement schedule will include a performance-based component. The final payment will be made after a satisfactory final report is submitted.
The evaluation criteria shall include, but not be limited to:
- The applicant’s capabilities and experience
- The extent to which the project fosters stronger recycling markets
- The potential impact on diversion of materials from Chittenden County from disposal
- The technical feasibility of the project
- The location of the project (preference will be given to projects located in Chittenden County)
- The applicant’s financial or in-kind match (minimum 25% of total project cost)
- The likelihood of success and continued sustainability of the project after the grant
CSWD may require a site visit and/or interview with the top ranked applicants as part of the evaluation process and may request additional information. CSWD makes no guarantee that any grants will be awarded to any applicant. In addition, CSWD may offer partial grant awards.
July 18, 2018: Deadline for applications
July – August 2108: Review and selection of applications
September 2018: Execute grant agreement(s)
- Download & complete application (PDF | Word)
- Submit to Nancy Plunkett, CSWD Director of Special Projects
- Email Nancy
- Submit by mail: 1021 Redmond Rd, Williston, VT 05495
- Fax: 802-878-5787
Application deadline: July 18, 2018 at 2:00pm.
Questions about the application?
Contact Nancy Plunkett, CSWD Director of Special projects
(802) 872-8100 x222