- Put single-use rigid plastic containers and packaging in your recycling bin. This includes most containers and packaging such as bottles, jugs, yogurt containers, dairy tubs, and clear plastic hinged takeout containers. Large lids (like those on yogurt and margarine tubs) are also OK to put in the blue bin.
- Accepted at all CSWD Drop-Off Centers and by all haulers offering curbside recycling in Chittenden County.
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- Minimum size: 2” on any 2 dimensions (i.e. 2″ tall AND 2″ wide)
- Maximum size: 24″ (2 feet) in any dimension
- Plastic motor oil and transmission fluid bottles are NOT accepted for recycling; place in regular trash
- Styrofoam, plastic toys, and plastic bags are NOT accepted
- Black plastic is not accepted