It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
- Green Mountain Compost
- Burlington Electric Department’s McNeil Waste Wood Yard visit their website to confirm current hours and specifications
- All CSWD Drop-Off Centers except Burlington.
- Grass clippings
- Garden trimmings
- House plants
3 yards (equivalent of one pickup load) per day – No Fee
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- Do not include any wood (even twigs), plastic bags, rocks, or sod (See Natural Wood on the A-Z list for options)
- Use paper or compostable bags for yard debris, or empty the bags on site
- Commercial landscapers: Deliver directly to Green Mountain Compost.