It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
- Organics Recycling Facility
- Burlington Electric Department’s McNeil Waste Wood Yard visit their website to confirm current hours and specifications
- All CSWD Drop-Off Centers except Burlington and Williston (as of Nov. 1, 2023) locations. Note: Our Hinesburg DOC location does NOT accept natural wood.
- Grass clippings
- Garden trimmings
- House plants
- Natural wood (tree trimmings, limbs, clean stumps, brush, wood chips that have never been painted, glued, stained or treated) – not accepted at Hinesburg location.
2 yards (equivalent of one pickup load) – No Fee
Over 2 yards – $5 per additional cubic yard
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
- Do not include any plastic bags, rocks, or sod
- Use paper or compostable bags for yard debris, or empty the bags on site
- Commercial landscapers: Deliver directly to CSWD Organics Recycling Facility (home of Green Mountain Compost).