It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, VT.
Tree limbs, brush, clean stumps, and pallets and dimensional lumber that has never been painted, glued, stained, or treated are accepted at:
- The McNeil Wood Depot (Burlington).
- Williston Drop-Off Center
- Essex Drop-Off Center – no trailers or dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility
- Milton Drop-Off Center – no dumping mechanisms allowed at this facility
- At the McNeil Wood Depot (Burlington): No charge.
- At Williston Drop-Off Center
- No limit per trip
- 3 yards (equivalent of one pickup load)
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 3 cubic yards
- Commercial loads: $50/ton
Commercial loads are only accepted Monday-Friday, when the scales are open (they are operated by a neighboring facility).
- At Essex & Milton Drop-Off Centers:
- 3 yards (equivalent of one pickup load) per day
- Up to 1 cubic yard: No charge
- $5 per cubic yard for amounts greater than 1 cubic yard
Limitations, regulations and other specifications
Note about wood from Ash tree species: The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB), an invasive insect from Asia that kills any tree it infests, has been found in Ash trees in Vermont. For more information on how to identify Ash trees and EAB, and how to slow the insect’s spread, visit VTinvasives.org.
- Stumps and wood chips must be free of dirt and stones
- Nails and screws up to 1/4 inches in diameter: OK
- No spikes, hinges, strap steel
- maximum length: 6 ft
- maximum diameter: 24 inches
- Customers with dumping mechanisms must use the Williston Drop-Off Center or the McNeil Wood & Yard Debris Depot
Learn more about: