CSWD Drop-Off Centers
Locations | Hours | Reuse Zones | Fees
CSWD provides seven Drop-Off Centers (DOCs) in Chittenden County for the convenience of households and businesses needing to get rid of small amounts of trash, blue-bin recycling, and compostables. Anyone, from inside or outside of Chittenden County, may use any DOC.
Drop-Off Centers are primarily do-it-yourself operations. If an item is too large to handle, DOC operators are usually available to assist and a $5.00 handling fee will be charged. Customers may have to wait until the operator is not busy. The operator does reserve the right to decline to assist if they have concerns about handling a particular item.
Burlington | Essex | Hinesburg | Milton | Richmond | South Burlington | Williston
Hours at a glance
Holidays may affect our hours of operation, please see the calendar for holiday closures.
Each DOC has a ReUse Zone for items that are still usable. ReUse Zone rules:
- All items must be checked in at the booth.
- Fees may be charged to cover disposal cost of potentially unwanted items.
- All items are FREE for the taking.
- Items are available “AS IS.” If items are returned for any reason, you will be responsible for disposal fees (if applicable).
- The following items cannot be placed in ReUse Zones: Child car seats, booster seats, baby cribs, food, or hazardous materials such as paint, glue, automotive fluids, fuel, cleaners, pool chemicals, etc.